Mediation, done right, is much more than a negotiating session between litigants or a pre-trial settlement conference.
Contact me about mediating a case and you will find that I take full advantage of the special protections California law provides for confidentiality and my position as a neutral from our first communication. I will talk to you and all sides before the mediation to make sure that:
- The process is understood and set up properly. (Some attorneys, including even those who have mediated cases before, do not fully appreciate the unique opportunities mediation offers.)
- That the case will be ripe for resolution.
- The participants will be prepared in advance.
My goal is result oriented: To reach an agreement that is durable and seen by all sides as addressing their priority interests better than litigation.
I’m a firm believer that mediation as an alternative to litigation is better if it:
- Is efficient and doesn’t waste time and money
- Reaches resolution more quickly
- User friendly and flexible in scheduling
- Avoids misunderstandings– and where the parties desire, preserves relationships
As your mediator, I will be tenacious, but respectful and sensitive. I will go the extra mile in resolving the thorniest of disputes using my 37 years of experience as an attorney and my training as a mediator. I have never shied away from complicated or difficult cases and the raw emotions that often accompany them.
For more information on mediation or to schedule, give me a call at (510) 333-7118 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org